Friday, July 22, 2011

Girl Friend Question: What if your girlfriend was boring?

I have a girlfriend who I have been going out with for 2 yrs. She's a very sweet, and mature girl (I'm 22 and she's 26); however, I feel that her personality and mine don't match up too well. She knows how to cook for me, understands when I'm tired, knows how to give me a massage when I need it. My family loves her for these qualities and being a goodie good girl, and her mom is amazing; they just love to give and give and give. Almost seems like everything's too perfect. However, there are drawbacks... she's a pretty reserved person, and every time I go out with her or with our friends she has very little to say, and I don't want people to get the wrong message that she's antisocial or whatever. She doesn't have a lot of girlfriends to go out with, so she doesn't spend too much time figuring out out how to have fun either. Some times she can be too serious, and can't relax and just take a breather. Another thing is that she is not confident enough to lead anything or do anything beyond a certain boundary. She doesn't even want to try some times and that's what ticks me off a bit. She is always obsessed with getting married, and I feel she is taking the relationship a little too fast. Overall, I feel that I might be bored over time, and end up cheating on her. I don't want to enter that route. Something I am really scared of. She doesn't like to even dress up or look pretty for herself, yet she is always beating herself up and saying she is ugly. It puts me in awkward situations sometimes. I know I listed more cons than I did pros, but hopefully, I get my message across. I just want to know if I should try to change her? (I know everyone has to be themselves, but please just think about this on a deeper level) And maybe I should give her a bit of influence in the other direction so our relationship could be a little more interesting? Or should I just find a cuter funner girlfriend? This is a situation where people would say that I have the "wife at home" as opposed to the "trophy wife"; I want both. Sorry I'm picky like that, but this isn't about buying clothes and shopping at the mall, this is about a relationship for the future. Should I find ways to boost her self confidence and try to make her less boring? Or should I not even try, and then find a new girl friend? Just a random thought maybe some of you can relate to: How many of you watch the office? Do you guys see how many girls didn't seem to fit in with Michael? Like Jan, she is a powerful woman with a lot of things, but she lacks the qualities that Holly has with him. Same thing, I can't have fun with her the same way I did with my ex's. The feeling's just not the same. At the same time, I guess I'm doing something right because we have never argued in our two years (and now you know how boring it can get). To make a long story short: I'd say she would make a perfect wife, but a terrible girlfriend. She has all the qualities of what a wife should have; but lacks some of the things a girlfriend should have or do. But at this age, I'm no where close to getting married; but still I love her for being so sweet. I'm just afraid for this time being until I get married, I won't be able to enjoy it fully because of some of these things I'm contemplating about. So please, if you do have a serious answer for me, I would like to analyze this situation some more. And I wish who ever answers can analyze this from every different aspect and please be serious about what you're saying. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment