Friday, July 22, 2011

How do I get someone to change their opinion about me?

I am a 28 year old divorced single mother who used to be married to wanna-be rock star, knows how to ride motorcycles and has tattoos but I have a baby face and am a bit shy, which makes people think I am more of a goodie-goodie then I actually am. I just graduated college and got a new job. My 29 year old superviser treats me like I'm a fresh-faced 22 year old naive idiot. She keeps wanting to take me under her wing and says really awkward things to me like acting shocked everytime I tell her I'm over 25, telling me how reserved she thinks I am and asking me if I have any friends. I've correct her all the time about her wrong opinions but she seems to be blind to any details about me that don't fit who she thinks I am. How do I convince her I am not who she thinks I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment